Your welcome email series (not a single email!) should outperform every other email flow by far.
- Welcome emails have on average 4x the open rate and 5x the click-through rate of a standard email marketing campaign. — InboxArmy
- They generate up to 320% more revenue per email basis than other promotional emails. — Invesp
- Not to mention, new leads are most engaged within 48 hours of subscribing. — VerticalResponse
If you're an ecommerce store, welcome emails work hand-in-hand with your popup where you obtain new subscribers. Hit them up with a discount, a reminder, and then another reminder for anyone who hasn't opened.
Or if you're a SaaS, it's absolutely critical to getting customers to engage with your product, drive adoption, and ultimately become a paying customer.
Also, these emails put your brand's personality front-and-center. They set the tone for building trust and credibility, and when done right, in addition to driving revenue, your welcome emails help you build an audience of hyper-loyal fans who keep coming back, time and time again.
So if you don't have a solid welcome flow in place yet, you're missing out on one of the biggest opportunities in email marketing.=61666666
Ok, so how can I develop a killer welcome email series?
There is no ‘right way’ to do this as every business is unique. But the best way to find what works is simply to start and then experiment with different offers, copy, and flows until you get the results you want.
Here's the welcome flow we're using at Hoppy Copy, which could apply to any SaaS business:
- Introductory email - reinstate product benefit and showcase main features with video
- Educational email - build your brand, provide thought leadership, and inspire customers to start using the product
- Product expansion #1 - showcase a core feature of the product to lead to a 'wow' moment
- Trial Ending Reminder #1 - remind customer of trial timeline and collect feedback
- Product expansion #2 - showcase another core feature of the product to lead to a 'wow' moment
- 24 Hour Trial Ending Reminder
- Trial Extension Offer
- Product expansion #3
- Limited Time Discount Offer prior to Trial Expiry
- Final Trial Ending Reminder with last chance to upgrade for discount
- Review request for those who convert to customers
- …and it doesn't have to end here!
Here's a welcome sequence for one of our e-commerce business (after someone subscribes to the welcome popup):
- Introductory email with discount
- Discount reminder (sending to those who haven't opened it)
- Educational email - brand & credibility focus
- Educational email - product focus
- Educational email - customer reviews
- Last chance discount reminder
If you're ready to build an awesome welcome email sequence, try our Welcome/Confirmation Email Template >
Run the AI tool a few times. Use it as is, or take ideas from each and tweak to create something you truly love.
- Then use Reminder Email AI template
- And once you've got some ideas, use quick tools to add character, persuasion, emojis, and more.
Good luck, and let us know how it goes!